Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Lollapalooza: Friday


After an eventful week, the Friday of Lollapalooza arrived and Grant Park filled with thousands of sweaty, neon-clad, music fans for the seventh year in a row. As usual, I had a blast despite feeling pretty old (because apparently you're old the minute you're not a baby hipster now). Below is a recap of day 1. More to come...

Dr Dog was a solid way to kick off the weekend. Good old psychedelic rock 'n roll.

My psychedelic journey continued with Australia's Tame Impala. I've seen them a couple times now and I always enjoy their sunny, sprawling tunes.




SBTRKT was one of my Lolla highlights. I just love these guys.



Now, on Friday, it's not uncommon to see people (a.k.a. 17-year-olds) completely hammered by sunset. There are always fans who overdo it on the first day of a festival (a.k.a. 17-year-olds). Unfortunately for me, I happened to be surrounded by a herd of them during Passion Pit's set, so I didn't get to enjoy it as much as I'd hoped. Such is the nature of the music fest, though. 




Dawes brought the Americana folk to Lolla on Friday. Pretty stuff.





DJ Zebo wins the "WTF" award for Friday. I was walking to get a spot for Black Sabbath and couldn't help but stop and observe the stage antics. 


It always cool to see some legends live, so I was obviously stoked to see the Godfathers of Heavy Metal, Black Sabbath. I have to say, in my years of going to Lolla, I've never seen more people (a) at the Bud Light stage in general - it was legitimately hard to move - and (b) in leather. It was awesome. 



No comments:

Post a Comment