Friday, August 22, 2014

Pitchfork Music Fest, Saturday



Pitchfork Saturday had an incredible lineup, but St. Vincent stole the show. In fact, she stole the whole damn weekend. WINNER. You'll see why below. But the competition was heavy, with extraordinary music and performances all weekend long. To see more of my photos, check out The Vinyl District. Sunday photos will be posted soon (and if you missed my Friday photos, click here). 

I caught the end of Wild Beasts' set and was impressed.


Cloud Nothings (CLEVELAND PRIDE!!). They get the award for best fans - the crowd was insane throughout their set, which made for some fantastic people watching.













After Cloud Nothings' high energy set, I took some time to wander around. My first stop was the Chirp Record Fair.

I want these speakers.


Hey look! It's Miss Alex White of White Mystery


Lots of cool art and poster booths.

Da merch 


I love this organization (Foundations of Music). And I bid on an autographed setlist from Cut Copy's 2011 Pitchfork show and won! Woo hoo!

More merch

Da fans


Cadien of Twin Peaks had a bum leg but that didn't stop him from enjoying the fest (and putting on a great show earlier in the day).

Some afternoon snoozes... 


Pusha-T was late to the stage but his short set energized the crowd nonetheless. 



 tUnE-yArDs is always excellent live - and colorful, as you'll see below!







Danny Brown. I just love him. He's very lovable.




More crowd shots


Here she is: Annie Clark a.k.a. ST. VINCENT! (See if you can spot me in the photo pit forgetting to photograph because I'm smiling too hard at the 4:45 marker in this video.) Also, if you're interested, check out the end of her set here if you want to witness some of her unreal performance antics. Hard to believe that it's the same person I saw covering Jackson Browne four years ago at the Metro and singing backup vocals for Sufjan Stevens eight years ago.

Total goddess. And honestly one of the best guitarists ever.















Check out the sea of people watching her.

FKA Twigs. I cannot wait to see her perform again. She is easily one of the most mysterious, captivating, and exciting musicians making a name for herself right now. Her debut full length release, LP1, just dropped and is receiving nothing but praise (and for good reason - it's beautiful and provocative).




One of my favorite bands ever - Neutral Milk Hotel. Here are some crappy photos from their headlining set (they do not allow photography during their shows but I couldn't help myself).


Pitchfork Sunday photos will be posted soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment