Tuesday, August 5, 2014

North Carolina (Asheville and the Highlands)


A few weeks back my wife and I enjoyed a quick trip to beautiful North Carolina for a wedding. We stayed in Asheville for the night and I completely fell in love with it. After, we drove to the Highlands and spent the rest of the time there taking in the sights and enjoying the gorgeous wedding. Anyway, I thought I'd post a few photos from the trip. Enjoy!

Asheville 

Lots of cool graffiti in West Asheville. I couldn't stop photographing it. 







Downtown Asheville

Wicked Weed Brewing. Delicious beer, delicious food. 

I will most certainly be back to Asheville.

On our way to the Highlands, we stopped in Brevard so that my wife could show me Rockbrook Summer Camp - where she spent much of her childhood in the summer.


Certainly a lovely camp in a beautiful setting.

The Highlands area proved to be utterly photographable.








Can you see the rainbow? 



I'm not sure what we stumbled upon, but it was some sort of floral award show. 

 And there was lots of pottery there too.

Long, winding roads. So pretty. And the mountain air was so fresh and fragrant.

The Vineyard at 37 High Holly. The site of the wedding. Not too shabby, right?!?! 



See you next time, NC!

No comments:

Post a Comment