Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Lauryn Hill and The Reminders


Lauryn Hill played the House of Blues Chicago a couple weeks ago with support from The Reminders. I cannot even begin to explain my excitement when I was approved to photograph the show -  Ms Hill's 1998 album "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" was literally on repeat in my car for two years. I'm also a huge fan of her work with the Fugees - and I'd be remiss not to mention Sister Act 2, because I was literally obsessed with the soundtrack in college (especially this song). Anyway, details of her Chicago show have since been filtered through different media sources, but I'm not here to comment on anything. I'm just here to show you the photos! I will say that it gave me chills to photograph a musician whose work I endlessly respect (and have for half my life). I am also grateful that I got introduced to husband-wife duo, The Reminders - they are real hip hop. Check them out. To view more of my images, as well as video footage and a brief review of the show, head over to BV Chicago

The Reminders 







They brought their kids on stage for their final song and it was adorable. 

The crowd anxiously awaiting Ms Hill. 

First her DJ came out.

Then her band came out.

Then her backup singers came out. 


And finally Ms Hill arrived! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment