Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Swans and Xiu Xiu


Swans rocked the sh!t out of Lincoln Hall a month ago and I'm finally getting around to posting some of my photos from their epic performance. Pardon the delay, but I blame it all on technology failing me for the past month. First my CF card malfunctioned while I was shooting Disclosure at Lincoln Park Zoo and I lost every image (sob!!!) and then my computer crashed out of nowhere and I had to buy a new one. SIGH. Anyway, I'm back up and running and trying to catch up on some of my posts so....back to SWANS! They are absolute No Wave legends, they sound better than ever, and they just released yet another killer album this year ("To Be Kind"). They also put on a hell of a show. Xiu Xiu kicked off the night with a solo noise set, quite a departure from his normal live act. To see more of my photos, head over to BV Chicago and/or Lincoln Hall.

Xiu Xiu 





Swans 
(This is Michael Gira. He is a genius and he's staring into my soul right here.)




Side note: I love this guy. Thor Harris. I've seen him play with Bill Callahan (one of my favorite musicians), Shearwater and now Swans. He's awesome. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment