Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Hideout Block Party



Pardon the delay but photos from The Hideout Block Party are finally here! This is the hidden gem of music fests in Chicago - and, being in September, is an excellent way to say goodbye to Summer and hello to Fall. It's just one last day of listening to great bands in the sun before the Chicago winter hits. Missed it this year? Well, there's always next year! But in the meantime, The Hideout is a killer venue in and of itself, so why not swing in for a show in the coming (freezing, dismal, gray) months? 

So this year the Block Party had another excellent two-day lineup, but my photos are only from Saturday. This doesn't mean I missed seeing some bands on Friday - my favorite being The War on Drugs (and who can forget Glen Hansard and Iron and Wine?). My Saturday highlights were Wilco (DUH) and Chicago up-and-comers, Wild Belle, but I enjoyed all of the music. Hope you enjoy the photos!


At this point I'm assuming you're aware that they're my favorite band. So here I am, taking photos of their gear, anxiously awaiting their performance (which, at the time this photo was taken, was still 8 hours away). 

 The Corin Tucker Band (Is it me or does she look like Rachel Zoe?)

Corin Tucker Band 

Wild Belle (check them out!)

Wild Belle

Wild Belle

Wild Belle 

Wye Oak was fantastic. Beautiful music. 

Wye Oak 


The Expressions (as in, Lee Fields and the Expressions)

Lee Fields has got SOUL.

 Lee Fields

Be still my heart!!! Glenn Kotche of Wilco sighting!! 

Jeff Tweedy. 'Nuff said. 


My boys! 


No comments:

Post a Comment