Monday, June 18, 2012

Radiohead and Caribou


Radiohead is and will always be one of my favorite bands. I cannot even describe how much I love them and how much I respect their brilliant musicianship. That is why I nearly fainted when my fiancé  (hooray!!) scored incredible tickets to their show with Caribou at the First Midwest Bank Ampitheatre. I've seen Radiohead numerous times, but to see them this close was something I'll never forget. As usual, they were incredible. Their sets over the years have always been beautiful but this one was my favorite, and I personally think that they've never sounded better in concert. Also, I must give a shout out to Caribou - if you like electro/psychedelic music than I highly recommend you check out his music, especially Swim. This is the second time I've seen Caribou (a.k.a. Dan Snaith) and his touring band live and they don't disappoint. 

Dan Snaith (Caribou)

Songwriters, composers, multi-instrumentalists, and geniuses Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood.

Another musical genius, guitarist (and multi-instrumentalist) Ed O'Brien 

Jonny Greenwood 

Bassist Colin Greenwood and new touring drummer, Clive Deamer (who you might recognize from another amazing band: Portishead). Musical geniuses? Yup.

Ed and Thom

Radiohead is always as visually beautiful as they are sonically.

Colin, Thom, and Clive

I didn't get a great close up shot, but drummer Phil Selway is second to the left. Yes, he's a genius too.

I love you Thom.

I love you Jonny.

I love you Ed. 


Thank you, fellas. One of the greatest bands of all times.


No comments:

Post a Comment