Thursday, June 14, 2012

Memorial Day weekend in Cleveland


Since I was in Cleveland for the Mount St. Vincent Open House, I decided to stay for a few extra days and enjoy Memorial Day at home for the first time in many years. As usual, I had a great time in Cleveland: I spent a day bouncing around town with my Mom for her birthday, I went to an awesome Indians game (they won of course), and I was in the University Heights Memorial Day parade! My Aunt and Uncle own a great Irish pub in University Heights - O'Rielly's - and I highly recommend you stop in for a pint if you're ever in the neighborhood. Every year, they rent a trolley and are in the Memorial Day parade. As I mentioned before, it's been a lot of years since I've been home to participate in the parade with them, so I was really excited to be part of it again this year. 

During our day around town, my Mom and I grabbed lunch at Fat Cats in Tremont and then admired the city skyline. 


After lunch, we went to the Cleveland Aquarium and made some new friends. 

There's my Mom, the birthday girl. Isn't she cute?



Here we are in the trolley cruising through the parade! That's my Aunt Bridget in front of me. 

The kids were prepared and ready to catch candy.

The bagpipers are always the best part of the parade.

 How sweet.

One awesomely patriotic home!

No comments:

Post a Comment