Tuesday, December 17, 2013

King Krule and TOPS

 

Sandwiched between a crowd of baby hipster imports from Wicker Park, Bucktown, and the Ukrainian Village, I anxiously awaited the arrival of King Krule to Lincoln Hall's stage last week. I had heard some of his songs and found them unique - at 19 he's already a clear talent - but my urgency to see him perform was less about him and more about removing myself from the sea of skinny jeans that engulfed me. But despite my pure misery (I'm losing tolerance for rude people who constantly slam into me to get an inch closer to the stage), I have to say that he put on a great show. It's hard to pinpoint a genre for King Krule - indie of course but with elements of jazz, spoken word, blues, and punk. It's working for him. Montreal's TOPS opened. For more photos, click here.

TOPS 






King Krule 







No comments:

Post a Comment