Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sky Ferreira and How to Dress Well


Last Friday Sky Ferreira and How To Dress Well played for a sold out crowd at Schubas. The High Highs opened (and if you haven't seen my photos of them from TNK, check them out here). How To Dress Well (stagename of Tom Krell) was my personal highlight of the night. First of all, his voice is sexy. Like, the move-over-Justin-Timberlake-because-Tom-Krell-is-bringin-sexy-back kind of sexy. But don't get me wrong - he's not a pop star. His silky smooth, ambient R & B songs are also home to deep, dark, and sometimes haunting lyrics. During HTWD's set at Schubas, I occasionally glanced at the crowd, each time witnessing a sea of people swooning, myself included. Sky Ferreira is a rising young musician and actress. If you haven't heard of her yet, expect to be hearing of her soon. Only 20, she has a beautiful voice and strong songwriting skills. Live she has a relatively shy, yet endearing, presence. I'm looking forward to seeing her continue to develop her voice and her sound. For more of my photos click here.

How To Dress Well 





Sky Ferreira




No comments:

Post a Comment