Wednesday, February 8, 2012

An Afternoon with Regina Taylor: Luncheon Benefiting OCSA

This past fall I was named the Ovarian Cancer Symptom Awareness Organization's (OCSA) Official Photographer. Recently, I was also asked to be on their Planning Committee. I am thrilled to be a part of this organization, which is comprised of incredible people all working towards educating women on the silent symptoms of ovarian cancer. Our most recent event was a luncheon at the Signature Room at the 95th, which honored and celebrated the special women in our lives and featured OCSA's national spokeswoman and acclaimed actress, playwright, and director, Regina Taylor. It was a very special day, made even more special for me because my Mom, who lives in Cleveland, came to Chicago to attend the luncheon with me. Below are some photos I took at the event.

OCSA Co-Founders Vallie Szymanski, Susan Roman, and National Spokeswoman Regina Taylor

The incredible view South from The Signature Room





Planning Committee member, Marissa Oberlander and Videographer Joe Isaacs

Publicist Kelly Wisecarver and Chairman of the Board Denise Harvill

Regina Taylor

Attendees perusing through the excellent Silent Auction items


Vallie and Jill McGee, Director of Development and Corporate Partnerships 
for Susan G. Komen Chicago



Planning Committee member Abbey Jennings and her mother, Celeste


Susan with her adorable granddaughter

OCSA Co-Founder Rick Roman with his granddaughter





The view north.

Check out this great video recap of the day by my friend and Videographer, Joe Isaacs. 
My Mom and I made the cut!

No comments:

Post a Comment