Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Janelle Monáe


Happy Janelle Monáe Day! Her new album, The Electric Lady, released today so I figured this was a perfect opportunity to post some recent photos of her. A couple weeks ago, she had a private album preview party at Society and I was one of the lucky people in attendance! Aside from playing some of her new songs, she also had a dance party with everyone in the audience. Her energy and spirit are contagious and I encourage everyone to go out and grab The Electric Lady today. I'm going to go ahead and say that it is easily one of the best albums of the year - it's actually the best in my opinion so far. I began my summer watching Ms. Monáe put on a stunning performance with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra and I ended it with her at the preview party. Not too shabby. Cheers to The Electric Lady and her endlessly empowering and masterful albums!






No comments:

Post a Comment